RicksView

politics, hypocrisy and meanness in public affairs, alligators, anti-empire-ism, occasional personal stuff

Monday, June 14, 2010

Dealing with instructions for those w/ADD

Just called up Hilton Honors about a promotion that I only happened to see in small print on a receipt - "Stay 4 nights, get one free," [but you have to have signed up for it].

I call - "I never got a notice of this promotion; how could I have signed up?"

"Sir, we have promotions every quarter; you have to call."

"But why?  You know who your Hilton Honors members are, and what our numbers are." 

"I don't know, sir, and I see you had the same problem last quarter with that promotion."

"Yes, I did, but I don't know to sign up if I have no notice!" [temp/voice/anger rising]  "That's what you have to do, SIR!" [youthful irritation w/old, stupid people rising]

"OK. Thank you." 

"Thank you for your business, sir. HAVE A GOOD DAY."

Thanks a whole lot to you, too, youthful cretin.  Thanks for your assistance.  :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home