RicksView

politics, hypocrisy and meanness in public affairs, alligators, anti-empire-ism, occasional personal stuff

Friday, April 30, 2010

Cynical musings

Remember, in 2001, when Republicans crowed that "Reagan taught us that deficits don't matter?"  Funny, I haven't heard those same Repugs recently.

Why can't I keep track of the difference between "satire" and "irony?" Or the rare time that the end punctuation goes AFTER the quotation mark? Why can't I stop feeling frustrated and cranky at the repeated questions about whether we need to rethink our experience with/judgments about some prior Presidents? OK, I'll play - let's rethink how great many of my fellow citizens think Reagan was - and Kennedy!

I am shocked ... shocked that people are up in arms that Charlie Crist is "being opportunistic" in running for Senator from Florida as an independent.  Is he the first ... let me put it this way: Try to name one - just one - politician who you have never known NOT to be looking out for his own interest first?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home