RicksView

politics, hypocrisy and meanness in public affairs, alligators, anti-empire-ism, occasional personal stuff

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Al-Jazeera and all that ...

Actually, Al-Jazeera (English) is a very good news source, as is The Yemen Times, which I have been reading for years. It is also on Twitter, I just discovered last night. It just revealed that certain authoritarian Arab governments have expressed admiration for Mitch McConnell and Saxby Chambliss because they are able to bluster unendingly without saying anything of value.

[Tee-hee: I made that up.]

Proud day for America: military commission at GITMO begins for detainee held since he's 15 years old: http://is.gd/bJKMU

[I did not make this up.] This story reminds me of the old joke: Leonid Brezhnev said of Nixon's distress: "I don't  understand this 'busing problem.' When I want to bus somebody, I just bus 'em."  I guess when we want to hold somebody, we just hold 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home