RicksView

politics, hypocrisy and meanness in public affairs, alligators, anti-empire-ism, occasional personal stuff

Friday, April 23, 2010

The Prez lives in a different world ...

".. the recent efforts in Arizona which threaten to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans, as well as the trust between police and their communities that is so crucial to keeping us safe, .."

I don't know about you, but I feel apprehensive every single time I see a police car, police officer or military vehicle.  As an avowedly black man who once lived in Harlem and once worked in the south side of Chicago, I wonder whether he has always felt trust between the police and his community. Has he forgotten, or has my PTSD affected my judgment - or maybe the episode with authorities down South, earlier this year?  Or, perhaps worse, maybe the Prez was just stating boilerplate - that, as a public official - he now lapses into that pablum about community, helpful, selfless officers, social contract between responsible, thoughtful, trusting citizens and public "servants" who are serving, rather than eating at the trough and abusing their powers.

I'll stop now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home