RicksView

politics, hypocrisy and meanness in public affairs, alligators, anti-empire-ism, occasional personal stuff

Saturday, January 08, 2011

I am so sad. And outraged.

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was one of the Democratic members of Congress who was on Sarah Palin's "gunsight" advertisement. Now, she has been shot in the head, five or six other people are dead, others wounded.

Expect all kinds of denials from the haters, including those who talked about "2nd Amendment remedies."

I look forward to Fox Pretend News rationalizing how all that they constantly say - rant and rave - HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ATTACK.

Whether or not you perceive links between Palin rhetoric & today's murders, the fact that Palin spent all day scrubbing her websites says that SHE does. IF PALIN'S CROSSHAIRS MAP HAD BEEN POSTED IN A SCHOOL BEFORE A SCHOOL SHOOTING, she would be in jail now. Why is she revered by so many?

[from The Daily Dish] A reader writes:
I am standing in the aisle at Costco when I found out my Congresswomen, Gabrielle Giffords, has been shot dead up on the north side.
While I’m scrambling with my phone, two couples in front of me are talking about it and suddenly I hear one of the women say, “Well, that’s to be expected when you’re so liberal.”
And the other woman says, “Ohh, so we get to appoint a Republican?”
I did not trust myself to speak. I’m a Soldier. Please remind me what country I am fighting for? At least seven people are dead. She happens to be the only member of Congress married to an active duty military — he’s a Navy officer serving as an astronaut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home