RicksView

politics, hypocrisy and meanness in public affairs, alligators, anti-empire-ism, occasional personal stuff

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Still struggling with that 'tolerance' thing

... and that 'compassion for mean people' thing ... and that 'compassion for people who know THE WAY' thing

"God is good, all the time."
"God has plans for each one of us, BIG PLANS."  (except for those of us killed in the recent earthquakes, or in today's bombings - but we just won't think about that!)
"Easter is A WONDERFUL DAY."  (as tho a day can be good, bad, horrible or wonderful)
"The U.S. is the best country in the world (has the best healthcare system in the world; has the most generous and compassionate people in the world, does more for others than any other country)"

I'll update when I make progress on those tolerance and compassion things.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger A Thinker... said…

    I feel your pain, but I learn to accept empty platitudes can be fun too!

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger ricksahm said…

    I look forward to the time when I am pleased or comforted by the platitudes; maybe I've simply had too many hurts from religious people - I've had some.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home