RicksView

politics, hypocrisy and meanness in public affairs, alligators, anti-empire-ism, occasional personal stuff

Friday, July 02, 2010

Note that I did not bother to send to Lake Park, Georgia Public Library

I went into your Lake Park branch to look at news and public affairs commentary on Twitter.com and found it blocked "because it is a 'social networking' site."  I am surprised by this - this is, after all, the land of the free; and librarians are usually in favor of open access to information - but then I saw on your site that this library is on Facebook.com.  Dissonance?? Or am I missing something?

Buddhists and others who are into acceptance and tolerance would be less/not bothered by this, and I aspire to be less bothered by lots of things. But, I hope I am never tolerant of this bullshit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home