RicksView

politics, hypocrisy and meanness in public affairs, alligators, anti-empire-ism, occasional personal stuff

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Writing, while waiting to hear from Alfie

Writing - maybe you've noticed: haven't been posting. Here's someone else's writing that strikes me as very worthwhile:

"Today is my thirtieth birthday and I sit on the ocean wave in the schoolyard and wait for Kate and think of nothing. Now in the thirty-first year of my dark pilgrimage on this earth and knowing less than I ever knew before ... and what people really fear is not that the bomb will fall but that the bomb will not fall - on this my thirtieth birthday, I know nothing and there is nothing to do but fall prey to desire." (The Moviegoer by Walker Percy)
***
On this my sixty-third birthday I know nothing and there is nothing to do ....
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home